What the Words Mean: As these Rules are read, please remember that, "I", "me" and "my" mean the Applicant for enrolment in the RBC Referral Awards Program; and "you" and "your" mean Royal Bank of Canada ("Royal Bank").
Please also remember that in these Rules, "Eligible Clients" means individuals whose properties are not presently encumbered by a mortgage in favour of Royal Bank of Canada, Royal Trust Corporation of Canada or The Royal Trust Company, who currently own or will be purchasing a property that meets with your lending criteria for residential mortgage properties and whose mortgages have been identified by you from time to time as meeting the eligibility requirements to earn Points or receive Non-Points Recognition through the Program; "Program" means the RBC Referral Awards Program; "Non-Points Member" means an Applicant who may receive Non-Points Recognition under the Program but may not earn Points. "Points" means RBC Referral Awards points; "Non-Points Recognition" means RBC Referral Awards recognition; "Points Member" means an Applicant who may earn Points under the Program but may not receive Non-Points Recognition. "RBC Referral Awards Account" means the account you have opened in the Applicant's name for the crediting and debiting of Points or tracking of Non-Points Recognition earned or received in connection with the Program; "Rewards" means the merchandise, travel bookings, experiential award vouchers, travel certificates, Charity Rewards, and gift certificates/cards offered to Points Members through the Program; "Charity Reward" means a redemption of Points as a charitable donation to Habitat for Humanity Canada©1, Kids Help Phone Line, ONE DROP FoundationTM1, and such other registered charitable organizations as you may designate from time to time; and "Rules"; means these RBC Referral Awards Rules and Regulations.
I agree with you as follows:
(a) These Rules apply to the Program and to my access to the RBC Referral Awards website. If I am a Points Member, the Rewards I may order are set out in the online catalogue(s) or other sources which you designate as the applicable source from time to time. Points may also occasionally apply to special offers, or be awarded by participating merchants or service establishments; these will be accompanied by specific rules if applicable, and, if I am a Points Member, I will be given advance notice of these opportunities and information on how to take advantage of them.
(b) These Rules replace all prior terms and conditions or rules with respect to the Program.
(c) I acknowledge that to participate in the Program I require a Windows platform with capability to accept Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 and Netscape 4.7.4 minimum browser standards.
Eligibility: To be eligible to enroll in the Program I must be an individual, a Canadian resident and either (i) working as a realtor in Canada (ii) an employee of a builder that is approved by Royal Bank or (iii) an Insurance Broker, Independent Financial Planner/Advisor, Lawyer or Accountant. In addition, I understand that in order to participate in the Program I must be licensed in accordance with the provincial rules applicable to me and that I may have other obligations under applicable law. I agree to comply at all times with all applicable federal and provincial legislation and regulations, including without limitation all applicable real estate, mortgage broker or other licensing requirements, as well as the regulations of any real estate governing body or association. In consideration of your enrolling me in the Program, I hereby release, indemnify and hold you harmless against any and all claims whatsoever arising as a result of my failure to comply, in whole or in part, with any such applicable legislation and regulations.
Employees of Royal Bank of Canada, its subsidiaries or its affiliates are not eligible to enrol in the Program.
Eligible Applicants can elect to enroll as either a "Points Member" or a "Non-Points Member" provided that eligible Applicants in the Province of Alberta may only enroll in the Program as Non-Points Members and shall not enroll as Points Members. If I am a Non-Points Member who is not in the Province of Alberta, I may elect to change my membership status to that of "Points Member". Likewise, if I am a Points Member I may elect to change my membership status to that of "Non-Points Member". Program is not available in the Province of Quebec.
Points Members must be enrolled in the Program to earn Points and Non-Points Members must be enrolled in the Program to receive Non-Points Recognition. No Points or Non-Points Recognition will be granted for referrals made prior to enrolment.
2. Referrals: The Program is available to me if I refer Eligible Clients to you through your mortgage specialist channel, the referral results in a fully advanced first ranking residential mortgage or RBC Homeline Plan® mortgage on the property, and at the time the mortgage funds are advanced my RBC Referral Awards Account is in good standing. A qualified mortgage referral includes a mortgage referral in respect of purchases and switch/transfer mortgages from another financial institution to Royal Bank. A qualified mortgage referral does not include mortgage referrals in respect of (1) raw land; (2) commercial property; (3) residential property that is, at the time of the referral, mortgaged by the referred client to Royal Bank; or (4) a client who owns residential property that is, at the time of the referral, mortgaged to Royal Bank, if the client intends to transfer or sell such property and obtain mortgage financing for the purchase or acquisition of another residential property. I will obtain the consent of the client to share their personal, financial and/or business information with you for purposes of facilitating the referral prior to making a referral to you. I acknowledge that to qualify for financing the Eligible Client and his/her property must meet your lending criteria for residential properties and I further acknowledge that you may in your sole discretion refuse to provide financing to an Eligible Client, in which case no Points will be awarded to Points Members and no Non-Points Recognition will be received by Non-Points Members. Membership is solely for my benefit.
3. Disclosure: I shall disclose to all clients I refer to you, in the form required under applicable law, the fact that I will be sharing their personal information for purposes of facilitating this referral and that I receive compensation, profits, fees, commissions or other payments from you in respect of the referral to you. I understand and agree that I am not authorized to provide any details or make any representations on any of your products and services including residential mortgages and RBC Homeline Plan.
4. Non-Points Recognition: Non-Points Recognition is provided under the Program to Non-Points Members. Non-Points Recognition recorded in my RBC Referral Awards Account has no cash value or Point value and cannot be used by me for Rewards or be exchanged by me for cash. Non-Points Recognition is not transferrable to another person. Non-Points Recognition under the Program is used as a means of tracking mortgage referrals.
6. Earning Points and Receiving Non-Points Recognition: My RBC Referral Awards Account is awarded Points or Non-Points Recognition, as applicable, when a mortgage referral, eligible according to these Rules and Regulations, results in the registration of a 1st ranking residential mortgage or RBC Homeline Plan™ mortgage naming you as mortgagee, and the approved principal amount of the mortgage has been fully advanced, in up to 3 advances, within 90 days from the date of registration of the mortgage. If I am a Points Member, I earn Points on funded mortgages as follows:
|Funded Mortgage Value||Points Earned|
|Less than $99,999||8,000 points|
|$100,000 to 199,999||18,000 points|
If I am a Points Member, I will only earn one Point level award per funded mortgage referral based on the total dollar value in the chart above. Because RBC values your referral business, we want everyone to win. As we continue to explore ways to recognize your partnership, we are reviewing our annual recognition – stay tuned for updates to come.
If I am a Non-Points Member, all funded mortgages will be tracked as a valued partner of RBC.
This Section 7 is applicable to Points Members only.
My RBC Referral Awards Account will be debited the number of Points on the date I make my Reward request. If for any reason I cancel my travel certificate, experiential award voucher or, request or return an item as permitted in these Rules, my RBC Referral Awards Account will be credited the appropriate number of Points on the date of receipt and verification by you of the relevant information. Refer to Section 20 for complete details pertaining to ordering rewards.
Some redemptions, including Charity Rewards and gift certificates/cards, are final and cannot be returned or cancelled for credit. When a no-return policy applies to a Reward I have requested, you will notify me by including the following statement in the product description: (Redemptions for this item are final and cannot be returned or cancelled for credit).
Some travel bookings such as flights, cruises and package vacations are non-refundable. Depending on the type of travel arrangements I make with you, you will inform me at the time of booking the travel services provider's cancellation policy.
8. Verification: You will include my Points or Non-Points Recognition activity, as applicable, on my RBC Referral Awards Account statements ("Statements") which will be available to view online at www.rbcreferralawards.com. My earned Points or received Non-Points Recognition will be updated on a bi-weekly basis. If I am a Points Member, redemption of my Points and any Point adjustments will be reflected on my Statement as they happen in real time. I am responsible for notifying you of any change of address. I must examine all Statements and each entry and balance recorded in them. I must notify you in writing of any errors, omissions, or objections to a Statement, or an entry or balance recorded in it, within sixty (60) days from the statement date indicated as such on the Statement. If I do not notify you as required, you are entitled to treat the Statements, entries and balances as complete, correct and binding on me and you will be released from all claims by me in respect of those Statements, entries and balances. You have the right to audit all mortgage transactions to validate the information submitted. You reserve the right to disallow Points or Non-Points Recognition that were awarded in error and to disqualify any participant if any form of misrepresentation has occurred. Any adjustments to Points or Non-Points Recognition arising as a result of an audit can be completed up to one (1) year from the Statement date.
This Section 9 is applicable to Points Members only
(a) I must redeem my Points for Rewards online during the operation of the Program and during the time that my RBC Referral Awards Account is in good standing.
(b) Points that have not been forfeited and remain unredeemed as of ninety (90) days after the termination of the Program, or sixty (60) days after my Account is closed, will automatically be invalidated.
10. Bank's Responsibility: If you improperly deny me a Reward, your liability will be limited to the Canadian dollar cash equivalent of that Reward. In no event will you be liable or responsible for, and I and my heirs, executors, liquidators, administrators and assigns release you, Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc., and each of your and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively referred to in this Section 10 as the "Bank") from all claims in respect of any loss or damage suffered by me or others howsoever arising, including but not limited to claims in respect of loss or damage suffered by me or others that is caused by:
(a) failure by you to provide me with Points Statements;
(b) any errors or omissions in the online catalogue(s) and other sources;
(c) redemption of my Points or any problem that I or others have in connection with the Reward that I obtain by redeeming my Points. By redeeming my Points, I release the Bank from any and all liability and claims regarding the redemption of Points;
(d) loss or theft of merchandise, travel documents, travel certificates, charity tax receipts, gift/certificates/cards or experiential award vouchers;
(e) suspension or termination of the Program for any reason;
(f) suspension or termination of my membership in the Program, the closing of my RBC Referral Awards Account or the forfeiture or invalidation of any or all of my Points;
(g) cancellation of my travel or experiential award, or gift certificate/cards. Policies regarding cancellations are wholly dependent on travel and service suppliers and may vary according to season and differ among suppliers;
(h) failure by RBC Referral Awards Redemption Centre (Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc.) to provide me with information which results in travel or experiential award arrangements that have a higher cost or differ in any way from arrangements which may be available through other sources; and
(i) the performance or action of a Reward supplier or of Carlson Wagonlit Travel in any way, including but not limited to the failure of any Reward supplier to perform as described, or cancellation or if travel, a service or an experiential award becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to acts of war or other force majeure causes. Should circumstances beyond your control result in a supplier's failure to provide a Reward, you may attempt, but are under no obligation to, provide a suitable replacement Reward. In the alternative, you may, but are under no obligation to, credit the Points back to my RBC Referral Awards Account, and if applicable, to my credit card account as well, but will not assume any costs I may incur relating to that Reward. In no event shall the Bank be responsible for any consequential, exemplary, incidental or indirect damages howsoever arising.
11. No Liability: I acknowledge that the Rewards and the travel bookings, travel certificates, services, products, Charity Rewards, gift certificates/cards and experiences (such Rewards, travel bookings, travel certificates, services, products, Charity Rewards, gift certificates/cards and experiences collectively referred to in this Section 11 as "Awards") offered through the Program are manufactured and/or provided by independent suppliers. Neither Royal Bank of Canada nor its designated awards headquarters (Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc.) makes any guarantees, warranties, representations or endorsements of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to such Awards, or any supplier of an Award, nor shall Royal Bank of Canada or Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc. nor any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively referred to this Section 11 as the "Bank") be liable for any injury, damage or loss to person or property, for any expense, accidents or inconvenience that may arise in or from or relating to an Award or Awards. NEITHER ROYAL BANK OF CANADA NOR AIMIA PROPRIETARY LOYALTY CANADA INC.MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY WHATSOEVER OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. I and my heirs, executors, liquidators, administrators and assigns hereby release the Bank from any and all claims arising from the Award I obtain by redeeming my Points.
12. No Endorsements: While you take care in choosing suppliers, I acknowledge that you make no endorsement or approval of any suppliers or the products, services, information, advice or opinions supplied, expressed or implied by them.
13. Death/Divorce: Upon the death of an Applicant who has been awarded Points or received Non-Points Recognition under the Program, the Applicant's membership will terminate, the RBC Referral Awards Account will be closed and the Points in the RBC Referral Awards Account will be available for redemption by the Applicant's estate. All Non-Points Recognition will automatically be invalidated. Points which remain unredeemed as of sixty (60) days after the Applicant's RBC Referral Awards Account is closed, will automatically be invalidated. The Points or Non-Points Recognition will not be exchanged for cash. Points or Non-Points Recognition are not divisible in case of separation or divorce.
15. Waiver:Any waiver by you of the strict observance, performance or compliance by me of any term, condition or agreement contained herein and any extension of time or other indulgence granted, either expressly or by course of conduct, by you shall not alter, affect or prejudice any of your other rights or remedies and shall be effective only in the specific instance and for the purpose for which it was given and shall be deemed not to be a waiver of any of your rights and remedies hereunder as a result of any other breach hereunder. No delay or omission by you in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy.
16. Tax: Canada Revenue Agency considers that Rewards under the Program are taxable benefits. I understand that you will issue tax slips that report the value of such taxable benefits for applicable taxation years. Applicants must consult with their personal tax advisor(s) regarding tax implications and are responsible for reporting this information for tax purposes. Any personal federal and/or provincial tax liability arising from the receipt of Rewards is my responsibility.
If I redeem Points for a Charity Reward, it is the responsibility of the registered charitable organization to issue any tax receipt.
18. Changes to Rules: You may change these Rules periodically. You will notify me of any changes by posting notice of the changes on the web site at www.rbcreferralawards.com. I agree to check the web site regularly to obtain the latest version of the Rules and Regulations. My continued use of the Program means that I agree to accept the Rules and Regulations as amended. If I do not agree to any modification I will notify you immediately that I am withdrawing from the program.
19. Termination: You may suspend or terminate the Program at any time upon ninety (90) days notice to me. Should events beyond your control, such as strikes, acts of God, civil disturbance or war materially affect your ability to perform, the Program may be suspended or terminated and my Points or Non-Points Recognition may be forfeited without notice to me. Further, you may, without notice, suspend or terminate my membership in the Program, and my Points or Non-Points Recognition will be forfeited, upon fraud or abuse by me relating to the Program, misrepresentation of information to you, failure by me to follow these Rules. If I withdraw from the Program, my Points or Non-Points Recognition will be automatically forfeited.
This Section 20 is applicable to Points Members only.
(1) I must accumulate the appropriate number of Points required for the Reward(s) of my choice at the time of my request. The number of required Points is set out in the applicable online catalogue(s) and other sources. All applicable taxes and shipping charges are included in the value of the Points for each item that I order.
(2) I can order the RBC Referral Awards merchandise described in the applicable online catalogue(s) or other sources by logging into the RBC Referral Awards Website at www.rbcreferralawards.com
(3) All merchandise offerings are subject to availability. If an item is unavailable exactly as shown, I will be sent a substitute of equal or greater value. In such cases, I will have the option of returning the item at no cost if it does not meet my needs. If no similar item is available, I will be contacted to discuss whether I prefer to cancel or to order an alternate reward.
(ii) Delivery of RBC Referral Awards Merchandise: Delivery of RBC Referral Awards merchandise will be made by prepaid delivery service during normal business hours, whenever possible, and will usually take no longer than four to six weeks from the time my order is received. Note: In order to guarantee an order for Christmas delivery, my order must be placed at least 6 weeks in advance of December 25th. Deliveries cannot be made to a Post Office Box, Rural Route (RR) or to addresses outside Canada.
(iii) Defective Merchandise:
(1) The merchandise described in the applicable online catalogue(s) or other sources may be returned if it is defective or has been damaged in shipment. Before returning any merchandise, I will call my RBC Referral Awards representative, toll free, at the RBC Referral Awards Redemption Centre (as set out in these rules), for full instructions and a return authorization number. Any items must be returned within fifteen (15) days of my receiving delivery.
(2) I must retain all packaging and carton material for return. Should any shortages or damages be apparent, I must note them on the delivery receipt before I sign for the merchandise.
(b) Travel Bookings
(1) Travel bookings can be made using points, a combination of points and cash, or by charging the entire purchase to a valid major credit card.
(2) After a purchase is made, I will receive an e-mail from you confirming the purchase. It is my responsibility to verify that the information contained in that e-mail correctly reflects the travel services I have purchased. If the information in the e-mail is incorrect, I must contact Destination Rewards at 1-877-214-8603 on the same day on which the email confirmation is received in order to have it corrected. I understand that any changes will be subject to the travel services provider’s terms and conditions.
(3) All prices are stated in Canadian dollars. Airport fees for airports that require payment on site, where applicable, are not included in the pricing. All prices are subject to change without prior notice. All types of travel bookings are subject to administrative fees.
(4) Neither Royal Bank of Canada nor Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc. are responsible for any fluctuation in price or change in schedule or equipment or accommodations in connection with any travel service that occurs before, during or after the purchase of the travel service. All travel services are subject to availability and are deliverable to residents of Canada only.
(ii) Delivery of RBC Referral Awards Travel Bookings: Electronic tickets will be delivered to me by means of e-mail or facsimile transmission. For other travel documents issued by travel services providers, courier delivery will be made with me by Carlson.
(c) Experiential Award Vouchers
(1) I can order experiential award vouchers by logging into the Rewards Website at www.rbcreferralawards.com
(2) The selection of experiential award vouchers offered is limited to those shown on the Rewards Website at www.rbcreferralawards.com,are subject to availability and are subject to change without advance notice.
(3) Once I have made my redemption request for an experiential award voucher, I will receive a voucher and corresponding information package. It is my responsibility to contact the specific vendor and book the experiential award. It is also my responsibility to confirm all details of the award with the vendor.
(4) Validity of Vouchers: The expiry date will be detailed in my gift pack and will be valid for a minimum of 12 months from the date of purchase. And this period does not take into account the seasonality of some experiences. If my voucher is about to expire I may extend it for a set period by paying a supplement cost, plus any price increase, before it actually expires. Vouchers are valid for a specified experience only.
(5) Refunds and Cancellations: Sometimes cancellations will occur. You will do your best to notify me in advance to offer me an alternative date or time. You regret that in these circumstances you cannot offer me a refund on pre-paid accommodation, travel or any other expenses.
(6) Venues: Occasionally, you may need to withdraw venues featured on the website. If my chosen location is withdrawn, you will offer me alternative venues wherever possible, but this would likely be at a different location or with a different experience company. Each venue has its own terms and conditions (available upon request) and my participation is conditional on my acceptance of these.
(7) Experience Descriptions: The information provided on each experience is correct at the time of print. However, the content or format of experiences may change slightly during the year. Details of each experience are included in the gift pack and in my booking confirmation. My participation is conditional on my acceptance of the experience description detailed in my booking confirmation.
(8) Experience Pictures: The pictures used in all promotional collateral to illustrate experiences, particularly those that take place at more than one location, are used as an indication only. The machines, vehicles, craft, animals and settings at each venue do vary.
(9) Session Lengths: Session lengths are approximate, vary from venue to venue and are given simply as an indication of the time I will spend at the venue. Unless stated otherwise, I will usually be taking turns with other people and there may be waiting time involved. You give itineraries as a guide only and the running order of an event may change.
(10) Restrictions: Certain experiences are subject to minimum or maximum requirements, e.g. age, health or weight. You will confirm with me at the time of booking if any restrictions apply to a participant. Once booked, I may be liable for charges if I have to cancel because the minimum requirements are not met. Full details are included in my gift pack and it is my responsibility to read this carefully as soon as I receive it.
(11) The Weather: Many experiences are dependent on the weather and you will advise me if I need to call to check the weather before setting out. If my event is cancelled due to the weather I will be able to rebook, but my rebooked experience remains subject to weather conditions.
(12) Availability: All experiences are offered subject to availability. I should make bookings at least 14 days in advance and further for peak dates such as weekends or holiday periods. Bookings are not confirmed until I receive confirmation in writing from you. For some experiences you may ask me to return the original voucher to you before you can confirm my booking. I should not make any travel, accommodation or other arrangements until I have received my booking confirmation.
(13) Other Information: Prior to finalizing the redemption of my experiential award voucher, I (and my guest, if applicable) will be required to sign a waiver faxed or mailed to me to release you and Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc. from any liability. I will also be required to sign a separate waiver with the experience provider.
(ii) Delivery of RBC Referral Experiential Award Vouchers: Delivery of RBC Referral experiential award vouchers will be made by prepaid delivery service during normal business hours, whenever possible, and will usually take no longer than four to six weeks from the time my order is received. Deliveries cannot be made to a Post Office Box, Rural Routes (RR) or to addresses outside Canada.
(d) Charity Rewards
(1) I must accumulate the appropriate number of Points required for the RBC Referral Awards charity redemption(s) at the time of my request. The number of required Points is set out in the applicable online catalogue(s) and other sources.
(2) I can redeem for the RBC Referral Awards charities described in the applicable online catalogue(s) or other sources which you designate from time to time by logging into the RBC Referral Awards Website at www.rbcreferralawards.com
(e) Gift certificates/cards
(1) I must accumulate the appropriate number of Points for the gift certificates/cards redemption(s) of my choice at the time of my request. The number of required Points is set out in the appropriate online catalogue(s) and other sources. All applicable taxes and shipping charges have been included in the value of the Points for each item that I order.
(2) I can order gift certificates/cards by logging into the Rewards website at www.rbcreferralawards.com
(3) The use of gift certificates/cards may be subject to certain terms and conditions set by the merchant issuing the gift certificate/card from time to time.
(ii) Delivery of RBC Referral Gift certificates/cards:
Delivery of RBC Referral gift certificates/cards will be made by prepaid delivery service during normal business hours, whenever possible, and will usually take no longer than four to six weeks from the time my order is received. Deliveries cannot be made to a Post Office Box, Rural Routes (RR) or to addresses outside Canada.
21. Communications: You may send all notices to me by posting them on your web site at www.rbcreferralawards.com, or by ordinary mail or email, directed to my address last appearing in your records. I must tell you at once about any changes in my address. I will send all notices to you at:
RBC Referral Awards Headquarters (Aimia Proprietary Loyalty Canada Inc.)
130 King Street West
P.O. Box 160, Suite 1600
Toronto, ON M5X 1C7
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
23. Points Conversion: Under no circumstances will Point or Non-Points Recognition conversion be permitted to other loyalty programs. Points and Non-Points Recognition cannot be transferred to other loyalty or reward programs offered by Royal Bank of Canada or its subsidiaries.
25. Severance: : If any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall be or become invalid, illegal or unenforceable under any applicable law, the validity, legality or unenforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
®Registered trademark of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada.
®1 All other brand names and trademarks are property of their respective owner and are used under license.
TM1 ONE DROP is a trademark owned by the ONE DROP Foundation and used under license.